View Single Post
Old September 20th, 2012, 04:19 PM   #12 (permalink)
CDavis10
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

the Model I have is the Z990g
Android Version2.3.5
@Hi5five

I read that thread.. and It makes no sense to me, it mentions getting a shell with adb? what does that mean?
It gives code to type.. Where do I type it?
I got the z990.zip that you pointed me to... now.. what do I do with it? It has more than one thing in the zip file...
But it mentions need ADB on my phone first.. but I cant find anywhere telling me HOW to get ADB on my phone.. Every set of instructions I see about how to root etc.... always seems to assume that I know the technical jargon and know what they mean when they say things like adb.. and shells.. I cant tell what Im supposed to do on the phone itself versus what do do on my laptop.. I found the android SDK that suposedly had the tools in it.. but how to get the tools onto my phone I dont know. Even these one click scripts seem to assume that I have certain things on my phone that I cant figure out where to get..nor where to put them.. like this su file.. its aparently something required.. but I dunno WHERE it goes... same with this superuser file.. WHERE do I put it? its all still in the zip file so far.. do I put it on my phone? if so.. where.. and how.. do I put it in a certain directory on my laptop? where?
Last edited by CDavis10; September 20th, 2012 at 04:45 PM.