View Single Post
Old September 21st, 2012, 06:16 PM   #5 (permalink)
bigdrew

Device(s): Nexus 4, Transformer Pad
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Something else, being that google maps is also browser based, incorporate something similar to another one of bing maps features, the ability to measure distance. On bing you can either place to points and it will find the distance, or you can draw a path and it will add up the distance.. that is something I really believe that google is missing in their maps.
You can enable this under Labs--it's called "Measure". It places an icon in the lower right that, once pressed, allows you to measure between two or more points by tapping the screen.

I think offline directions and routing would be useful. I've found myself in areas where I have the map data precached, but too weak of an internet signal to get the directions or navigation started.

I also want to add further enhancing the code behind the new double-tap-slide zoom gesture. It's not quite as smooth as pinching, but I think it's more useful for those like me who use their phone one-handed all of the time, and it would be nice if it worked throughout the OS.