Pretty ridiculous, although I guess that VP of products who has been responding to customer concerns lately has been quoted as saying that they were going to reset the deadline and then make sure they stick to that one. And then apparently responded to someone else and said not Q4 as in Dec 31st, much earlier than that.
Still though, I think I've finally had enough. The ICS leaks seem to work perfectly fine, and I'm talking about version 232 which I still use, after which there has been 4 or 5 more updates. The rumor going around is that Flash is still the biggest issue but I'm not sure if that's true or not. Other than that I just can't imagine what the hold up is.
My Bionic with its extended battery has pretty much been relegated to wifi hotspot duty for my Nexus 7 anyway, but now I feel like selling it just out of spite. But that's just creating more work for myself, and I don't think too many newer devices offer the extended battery size that the Bionic got, at least not OEM products. So this disappointing Moto device may live on as a wifi hotspot for a while longer. And maybe now I'll finally update from 232, the last ICS leak that lets you easily flash back to Gingerbread. I kept waiting thinking I wanted to be able to get back to stock and flash the official update with as little hassle as possible, but now that it may take 3 more months, I don't care.