View Single Post
Old September 22nd, 2012, 05:40 PM   #31 (permalink)
Dr Fun
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Voltage too high - well disconnected from charger

(Samsung Galaxy 2 - rooted)

Greeting folks,

I have the issue of receiving the "voltage too high - disconnect from charger" after it is removed from charger - just like many of the other posters.

In my case, I know what caused the issue but do not know the correct or most methodical way to perform a fix. A miki of vodka on my coffee table had fallen over and spilled unbeknownst to myself, and when discovered my bottom of phone was wet lying in the thin "puddle" - after perhaps 20-30 minutes. It was the wetness / Mr voddy that caused the phone to malfunction.

I left the phone, face up and with battery removed and cover off over night (as one is directed to do with a laptop (but which would also include removing the hard drive and all other removable devices) and when I restarted the phone 10 hours later, it exhibited the "voltage too high" with a flashing battery icon and notifying beeps.

The phone appears to work fine well plugged into the charger.

So, knowing that it was definitely a "moisture incident" that led to this, I am thinking that I need to either clean something OR maybe do something with the battery as suggested by our friend who discharged his battery to 17% twice and then (and I need help on this part) "reset" or "reprogrammed" the battery?

Many thanks for any help
Dr Fun is offline  
Reply With Quote