View Single Post
Old September 24th, 2012, 06:40 AM   #5 (permalink)
lyronva
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Update - success for the most part

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigmadroid View Post
What Operating System is your computer running? Do you have the Palm Desktop software installed?
As a matter of fact I had replaced computers since I had the Palm and had not reinstalled the Palm Desktop software, but you're right, that was an option (and may come in handy for the memos and/or calendar). In this case I was looking for the easiest solution; what ended up working (prompted by a previous poster) was sending the "All" address book via Bluetooth (as a .vcf) to the SGIII, then mailing that to my GMail account, then opening, then going into contacts on the SGIII and importing (or merging, or syncing, I actually don't recall). It appears that all the contacts made it through intact (the exceptions are the cases where I had addresses that had 2 lines, such as "1301 Elm St (carriage return) Suite 400, Des Moines, IA 50301" - and all that comes through is "1301 Elm St/" - but a small price to pay.

The one real detrimental effect is that by adding all those contacts saved over the years the phone book takes five and a half minutes to load into my car's Bluetooth system! Maybe this isn't such an awful thing, we need more people paying attention to the road and less talking. I just wish I could stop people walking around in stores and doing that.

Thanks for the help -

B