View Single Post
Old September 24th, 2012, 07:23 AM   #12 (permalink)
MaStA819
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Send a message via AIM to MaStA819

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPeanutHead View Post
As someone else mentioned, there is always something new coming. I wouldnt personally base my phone choice on what is going to be the most powerful personally, because within a few months of getting it you'll hear of an even more powerful phone. I base it on what I need and what will be relevant for at least the next few years (although i typically get a new phone every year)

Personally I think S3 and Note are two of the best choices you could go for right now for phones, so you are off to a great start with your choices. I have a 4S iphone, the next step for me was going to be the S3 until I saw the note 2. Size when calling etc is not really relevant, as it will literally be a mini tablet to me that happens to have the convienience of making calls within it. I rarely call.

Maybe think about how much actual call time you will be making, and if the size etc will be a problem. Then go for the S3? If there was no such thing as the Note 2 in existance, my iphone 4s would have long gone and been replaced by a shiny new S3. As it stands, bring on October for the Note 2. Let us know what you choose
I think you and I will both benefit from the Note 2. Like you, I do not use my phone to call much anymore unless I have to call a tech support company to gripe about something or my family calls me. I browse the web, text, make my calendar, read e-mails, etc.

Thank you very much for all of the input everyone! It is much appreciated. I just have to decide now whether I should keep my iPhone 4 until the Note 2 is released or buy a cheap go phone to use until the Note 2 is released after selling my iPhone 4. Someone locally will give me $280 for it, but I doubt that they are willing to wait a month or two.