View Single Post
Old September 25th, 2012, 09:41 PM   #107 (permalink)
dautley
Premium Member
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): BIONIC XT875 JB .22/Rooted, Nexus 7 (16GB with CM10), Nexus 7 (32GB stock) Nexus 10 (32GB), LG Ally
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigshane View Post
So, let me get this straight. If I flash any ICS version .235 or above, i am "stuck in ICS forever, ..."

What does that mean for when Verizon releases the official ICS update - will I still get that one if I do the .244, for instance?

Also, will my phone update past what Verizon releases if I go forward with the .244 leak?

Shane
1. No you can't go back stock gingerbread from .235 or higher because of a higher security version .
2. If your on anything other than .905 you will not get the OTA pushed to your phone nor will you be able to flash another Motorola ROM without going back to .905 or fooling your phone into thinking it has .905.
3. if you flash .244 and it turns out to be the OTA then your good to go, if it isn't then you will be off the upgrade path with NO WAY to go back to .905
4. you can still go forward from .244 if it turns out not to be the OTA for now by using House Of Bionic but you need to read everything very carefully and understand the steps and the risks. Downgrade to 902 - No app or data loss
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dautley For This Useful Post:
sigshane (September 26th, 2012), SirGrant (September 25th, 2012)