Thread: General ICS pushed till Q4
View Single Post
Old September 26th, 2012, 06:17 AM   #36 (permalink)
OutOfPhase
Premium Member

Device(s): Droid Maxx, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition, Droid 1, Droid Bionic, Xoom
Carrier: Verizon

Thanked 2,150 Times in 1,320 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paraflier View Post
So.... If I am on .905 now, make a nandroid, then get on one of the 'safe' ICE leaks (meaning I can get back to GB from it), when the OTA finally arrives, why wouldn't I be able to recover using my nandroid backup and be back 'on the path'? (Meaning back to GB .905)

Is that because nandroids are there to save your butt when flashing ROM's, but once you take the ICS leak path, you have changed too much "stuff" for using your nandroid backup to be able to get back?

(Kind of like using recovery discs from Windows 3.1 and expecting it to work on Windows 7)

If that's the case, why not just grab an ICS leak, not worry about a backup at all, and run with it? The only things I really wanted to do w/ root access was freeze bloatware. lol Custom ROM's do not call to me.

ICS does. Having a stable 4g w/o data drops does. lol Hell, even normal screen shot taking does.

Guess I'm just getting tired of waiting for the OTA (I know... like EVERYONE else isn't. )
what you could do is flash the .905 fxz, restore your .905 nandroid and then take the OTA for ICS. You can not restore a different nadroid if the radios are different because it will cause issues and FC.
The Following User Says Thank You to OutOfPhase For This Useful Post:
Paraflier (September 26th, 2012)