View Single Post
Old September 26th, 2012, 07:23 AM   #1 (permalink)
RED_
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): HTC Desire HD, Samsung Galaxy SII, Samsung Galaxy Nexus, ASUS Nexus 7
Carrier: Not Provided

Question How to properly use layout-large and layout-land. Do I even need to use them?

Hey all, pretty basic question I presume but at the moment I have 5 layout folders. layout, layout-small, layout-normal, layout-medium and layout-large.

My app is heavily image based. As a result I have created the proper images. mdpi, hdpi and xhdpi. I don't think I need to worry about ldpi since screens are only getting bigger.

With this in mind and the need for me to now create a good landscape layout for all my pages, how do I go about this? Is it simple layout-land? No need for large/small/normal again right?

Considering that I've got all my hdpi and xdpi images do I even need layout-medium, layout-large and layout-normal? Because the images will be adjusting themselves based on screensize surely I can use one layout and have that work for all screens..?

It's all getting very confusing now that I'm trying to add a landscape view to my app. It doesn't do it very well at the moment so I will probably have to design a landscape friendly layout so I can understand that I would need to rebuild all my layouts for this particular use (We're talking about 100 layous here but oh well, I can manage it. )

My Android apps: Link to play store.