Thread: General Anyone have this?
View Single Post
Old September 27th, 2012, 04:51 PM   #24 (permalink)
3vodroid

Device(s): Rooted EVO 4G LTE ( MeanRom 4.6),Rooted Toshiba THRiVE (Dalepl's ICS)
Carrier: Not Provided

Send a message via Skype™ to 3vodroid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangjr View Post
Nope was not able to get the 299 @ Costco hence ended up getting it from Best Buy. Fyi, no more Excites (16Gb/32 Gb) available from Costco last I checked - also was made available ONLINE only - not in stores.
Ok yeah that's what I figured. I knew it was online only but I was curious

Maybe they will get some more in stock because when I read the ad it was suppose to run until Christmas. I love my thrive but for 299 I wouldn't mind trying out the Excite. The only reason I don't pull the trigger on one now is the locked bootloader, and I wish they kept the full size ports/removable battery. But the look of the Excite is just plain sexy so that makes up for it.

It's a shame that the excite didn't take off like toshiba hoped it would. Because it's one of the best if not the best piece of tablet hardware you can buy right now. Just something about toshiba tablets I guess. The thrive was and still Is the only tablet to have the features I listed, and more! And it also didn't take off as well as it should.