September 27th, 2012, 07:34 PM
Thread Author (OP)
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Device(s): SGS2- GB08, Samsung Prevail- CTMod 3.75
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 278 Times in 167 Posts
Beginners' Guide to Boost Galaxy S2 and Repository
The Boost Mobile Samsung Galaxy S2 is a mid-level Android 4.0.4 CDMA/WiMax phone relabeled from the Sprint Epic 4G Touch. After rooting the Boost S2 can use any Epic Touch 4G ROM.
1. Read threads/posts (** SEARCH **) and test sufficiently; many question are already answered in posts or can be resolved by personal testing.
2. Battery life: Turn off GPS, Wi-Fi, sync, Bluetooth and 4G when not in use. Watch for apps that update too often (email), kill background apps (stock task manager). Low signals (3G/4G) will drain quickly. Running CPU a moderator like Voltage Control can under-clock your CPU and extend battery life.
2a. Bad Battery Test: Try spinning your battery, if it spins it is bad.
3. Keep your battery cool; phones can reboot around 120 degrees.
4. Dalvik Cache is for speeding apps (.apk). It is OK to clear data as any necessary data will reload.
5. Create a unique Gmail account to store contacts/calendar and sync as necessary.
6. Link to: Boost Galaxy S2 Firmware Updates
7. Download mode: (Odin): Volume- and power until prompt, then volume+
7a. Recovery mode (CWM): Volume+ and power, keep holding (about 30 seconds)
8. Direct number to Boost CS Representative:
9. Restoring contacts (Gmail)
: You can restore contacts to a previous version
[ROOT GUIDE] Boost Mobile Samsung Galaxy S2
**Tutorial** Return to Boost stock
Fix MMS issue on custom ROMs: Thread with known fix
: Complete backup of you phone
Boost Mobile automated MSL
MSL (master subsidy lock)
3G/4G modem tweaks
[GUIDE] How to Disable Boost Data Throttle - *Confirmed Works
FLASH EPIC 4g TOUCH on boost!! Step by step!!
How To Un-brick and Un-root Your Epic 4G Touch (Boost SGS2)
Original custom Sprint ROMs
Semi-original custom Sprint ROMs
Removable Apps/ Bloatware
Stock Google apps
Android Forums Guide to SGS2 ROMs
Odin: Samsung recovery tool that can return to stock if desired. Odin3 v1.85 attached
Samsung Kies: Samsung PC/phone sync app that contains Samsung drivers
.... Troubleshooting Kies
: Custom recovery tools
Titanium Backup: This is the must have app for anyone that is rooted! Backup, restore and freeze including system data, apps and app data, settings and lots more. Also converts system apps to user apps and reverse
Red Laser Barcode Scanner
: often missing from custom ROMs
Boost Coverage Map
(including 4G LTE): http://www.boostmobile.com/coverage/
Samsung Galaxy SŪ II 4G (Boost Mobile) Android Smartphone official link
Account Payment (best deal known): anything with 0 taxes and fees, no known discounts
Thx: iTzKPanda, Tim K, rockdoctor1, ebuechler3 (XDA), munguse, SelfElevated2, techmanc, dhabell, albanymike, Khorosho, puertoblack2003 (XDA), lily0615, guyphs, septembersrain, KitsapAndroid, brooksyx (XDA), Calkulin (XDA), VeNuM (XDA), Sylerxen and Mark112887
Last edited by kevincott; August 15th, 2013 at 10:32 AM.
Reason: added content