Originally Posted by jjbz
In Titanium, you need to change the backup file location because the Relay has both an internal and external SD card. Menu>Preferences>Backup Folder Location and auto detect the ext sd card location should do the trick.
Thanks, I actually managed to figure that one out shortly after posting it.
Also, don't be an idiot and restore the system data too. Derp.
Here's my overly simplified how to for root:
Flashing root image for dummies like me:
1. Download the Relay 4G USB driver from Samsung's site (they actually have it up) http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/SGH-T699DABTMB
2. Download Odin and the rooted image from the post above.
3. Uncompress both files (remove the .md5 from the image so that it is just .tar)
4. Connect phone to computer and boot into download mode (hold Vol. down, home and power)
5. Run Odin, click PDA and select the rooted image
6. Start and patiently wait for flashing and phone to reboot.
Definitely a LOT easier than the early G1 and 2 rooting attempts
Thank you to everyone involved in getting it rooted so quickly