View Single Post
Old September 29th, 2012, 06:41 AM   #11 (permalink)
BenChase7
Premium Member

Device(s): EVO LTE & EVO 4G & Nexus S 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan330 View Post
i live in Fort Worth... worked all over the DFW area. and .. most of the locations are crap speeds.

sure if you are right next to a tower (within 1/2 mile and at non-peak times), you can get good speeds.

but my friend on ATT, I can count on his phone getting the data we need.. so i normally let him do all the data inquires.. or look up videos.. or websites.. or anything that is more data intensive than navigation!

i wish i was exaggerating
Dan, no offense, but I think there may be something wrong with you/your phone. I used to live in Dallas... this weekend I went back to visit some friends. Over the last 7 days I spent a lot of time in the Dallas area, I was in Carrollton, Addison, McKinney, Denison, Richardson, Grapevine, WhiteRock, and other parts of North Dallas... I never left 4G LTE coverage with my EVO LTE and my speeds ranged from 5 to 30mbps down and 2 to 12mbps up. Based on what you rant about here, I thought I would not get any improvements, but based on what I have heard at at S4GRU, I thought maybe I will. Guess the people at S4GRU were right!! Considering Sprint has only upgraded about 15% of the DFW market (per S4GRU), I couldn't believe the coverage and speeds I got. Needless to say, I was very impressed with Sprints network upgrades in Dallas.. and to think, they are only 15% done and are adding sites daily!!
Last edited by BenChase7; September 29th, 2012 at 07:01 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to BenChase7 For This Useful Post:
twospirits (September 29th, 2012)