View Single Post
Old September 29th, 2012, 12:10 PM   #24 (permalink)
Bob Maxey

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by !on View Post
Elvis. From my limited knowledge he was a very generous & humble person. Apparently he was in awe of Tom Jones' voice & were good friends.
At what point in his career do we bring Elvis back? That goes for the other dead stars, too. Do we want the young, cool Elvis or the fat drugged soaked version of what once was a truly great performer?

I would not want to see old Elvis ever again because I remember the Clambake and King Creole Elvis. I remember Jailhouse Rock and Love Me Tender.

I loved the guy, but near the end, let's face it. He was not the Elvis some/many of us remember. So do not just wish for his return, specify a time frame so we are not let down again.

Forget Elvis. I want to bring back the entire Rat Pack for one last monster show in Las Vegas. Not the kid friendly LV we have today; I want a 1960's era Rat Pack performance in a mob run Las Vegas.

But I will settle for just Frank.

Or perhaps lets have a triple billing: Elvis opens for the Rat Pack in Las Vegas and the Rat Pack is backed up by the original Benny Goodman Orchestra with Buddy Rich on drums. THAT would be the show of the century. I would love to see BG do Sing, Sing, Sing live.