View Single Post
Old September 30th, 2012, 08:27 AM   #6 (permalink)
ismailmuhisin

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by ismailmuhisin View Post
I have the same problem, GPS takes a long time to get fix in Google maps, however is faster in other apps.
But I have a bigger problem, the maps application is not working without GPS and does not use network information or wifi at all. If i switch off the gps, it shows an error that "Please enable a my location source in system settings". I have enabled all possible services in Location services under settings. the phone has Android 4.0.3
Any help would be appreciated..

There also seems to be a problem with data connection.. it does not seem to work in roaming / even if i had enabled - 'connect to data services when roaming' . This problem might be specific to my roaming place (vodafone, chennai with default gprs settings provided by vodafone), can someone help with the above maps problem,!

Is anyone else using micromax a90 facing this location issue...?! basically i am not able to use any of the location based apps since location is not getting updated from network information. gps requires outdoor presence and it takes atleast about 5 mins in this model to get a fix..