View Single Post
Old September 30th, 2012, 09:22 AM   #10 (permalink)
KJohns
ROM/Application Developer

Device(s): HTC One M7, Galaxy S4, Galaxy S 2, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, and a bunch of older phones i tinker with!
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltaforce View Post
The user will have access to your contacts on the phone. I have tried this on my One X by swapping with DW's SIM (and it messed up my contacts a big time)

I also wonder, isn't there any stock android app that, no matter what you do, someone can figure out your location like the one in iOS? If not, may be it should be suggested.

I ALWAYS wondered this, esp. when I am driving on an unknown (to me) route and I see reckless drivers passing by or coming onto me. What if something happens and I have to call 911, I can not tell them my exact location, can they find out my location from my cellphone. It WILL be great if they can but I want a black and white answer, yes or no?
Yes, they can. The guy that posted about "triangulation" is off his rocker. Most of the police stations now use the e911 system (enhanced 911) meant specifically to be able to track mobile devices lol. Granted they arent in every city and such yet but they are in mine On a direct call with the police - they can find you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enhanced_9-1-1#Wireless_enhanced_911 <---

-Henry Ford-
Last edited by KJohns; September 30th, 2012 at 11:07 AM.