View Single Post
Old September 30th, 2012, 11:05 AM   #33 (permalink)
j4g3d
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 15
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Fun View Post
(Samsung Galaxy 2 - rooted)

Greeting folks,

I have the issue of receiving the "voltage too high - disconnect from charger" after it is removed from charger - just like many of the other posters.

In my case, I know what caused the issue but do not know the correct or most methodical way to perform a fix. A miki of vodka on my coffee table had fallen over and spilled unbeknownst to myself, and when discovered my bottom of phone was wet lying in the thin "puddle" - after perhaps 20-30 minutes. It was the wetness / Mr voddy that caused the phone to malfunction.

I left the phone, face up and with battery removed and cover off over night (as one is directed to do with a laptop (but which would also include removing the hard drive and all other removable devices) and when I restarted the phone 10 hours later, it exhibited the "voltage too high" with a flashing battery icon and notifying beeps.

The phone appears to work fine well plugged into the charger.

So, knowing that it was definitely a "moisture incident" that led to this, I am thinking that I need to either clean something OR maybe do something with the battery as suggested by our friend who discharged his battery to 17% twice and then (and I need help on this part) "reset" or "reprogrammed" the battery?

Many thanks for any help
In your case i would personally clean all contacts and replace the charging board, i dont know where you are from but in GBP it is about 4.99. Easy and cheap fix. While you have the phone open check the board to see if it has corrosion from the liquid damage on the board, if so clean/brush away.
j4g3d is offline  
Reply With Quote