View Single Post
Old October 1st, 2012, 09:51 AM   #119 (permalink)
Citizen Coyote

Device(s): Nexus 4, Motorola Photon 4G (2.3.4 w/root)
Carrier: T-Mobile, Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexappeal View Post
I know many of u r uber disappointed, but I still feel the mopho is a fantastic phone.

I am however going to be looking for a volunteer to help me join the rooting world, once I use my final upgrade.
The Photon is a fantastic phone. I love how clear it is when making calls, and the good radios. I love the cardock. I love how I can read the screen in full summer sunlight.

But it would be better with ICS or JB. Because we'll never see those officially, I feel like Moto has stomped on those of us who bought into this phone and stuck by it, users and devs alike. I remember the excitement on various websites when it was announced. I remember eagerly reading posts from the one user who got his hands on a dev version early on and posted first impressions and photos. I remember comparing it to the 3Vo and the ET. The halcyon days.

But it seems Motorola never intended to really support it. It was a one-off experiment away from their home base at Verizon. And now after a few minor updates, they've completely abandoned it and we're left thinking about what could have been.

Oh well. It's still a great phone and a lesson learned for me. I'll credit Moto with that much.

Motorola
- Kickapoo word for "broken promise."
The Following User Says Thank You to Citizen Coyote For This Useful Post:
KOLIO (October 1st, 2012)