View Single Post
Old October 1st, 2012, 06:51 PM   #292 (permalink)
icedrake523

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by ts47 View Post
You shouldn't have to unroot your phone to install ICS. Upgrading to ICS should only be a problem if you go beyond rooting and install costoms roms, etc on your phone. ICS will look for version 5.9.905, which you have already. As long as that doesn't change, you should be fine.

What you should be aware of is that ICS has a root counter on it. If your phone was "ever" rooted. ICS will have a hidden menu that will tell anyone who knows how to check that the phone is or was at onr time rooted. This has no effect on how the phone functions though.

Given what Motorola just announced for the Atrix and a few other models, the only way to get ICS may be to install one of the leaks floating around.
Thanks for your help. The decision to root now is because of how VZW has treated this phone with getting 4.0 to it. I went to a Verizon store today with my dad to deal with some issues on our account and see what they'd offer. It was without a doubt the worst customer service experience I ever had, the manager we dealt with was a clueless, dismissive, incompetent tool. He had no interest in helping us, just apologized and tried to wait us out so we'd get tired of waiting and leave.