Thread: General Xprt for Boost Mobile.
View Single Post
Old October 3rd, 2012, 04:24 AM   #36 (permalink)
Saintless

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

I bought my XPRT in July, and it's been an ok phone. My previous phone was an Evo, and it's not even worth trying to compare the two. For what it is, I'm happy with it. I'd really love to root it, though!

As far as the keyboard stuff, I have had problems twice. Both times, memory wasn't the issue, rebooting it wouldn't help. No matter what app I was in, once I got a few characters into what I was typing, it would FC the app, every time. The first time was shortly after I bought it, and my initial way around it was to use voice recognition to type stuff in, but that was way too annoying for a long term fix. I ended up messing with settings in 'Language & keyboard', and something I did (not sure, though) fixed it for a couple of months, before it happened again. This time, I couldn't figure out what I had done before, so I ended up installing SwiftKey 3, and that seems to have taken care of it. So, anyone else with the problem may want to consider installing a keyboard app. (Which seems so dumb when you have a physical keyboard!)

Really want to root it, though!