View Single Post
Old October 3rd, 2012, 04:24 AM   #42 (permalink)
Rico ANDROID

Device(s): GALAXY NOTE 2 .(aka T.E.D.6)....ROOTED!
Carrier: A Bentley Carries Me

Thanked 1,697 Times in 1,262 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OstrichSaK View Post
He was an alright dude. He wasn't like uncontrollable funny in person but he wasn't a jerk so that's a bonus.

No more OT now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedt View Post
A very annoying method of app push advertising I've come across recently, full-screen colour ads that seem to popup randomly. Culprit was a game called Turbo Racer 3D, this came from the Lenovo app store on my phone. It would show full-screen ads in English for other paid games even when it wasn't running. Interesting thing was, the ads would try to load Google Play when touched. But there is no Google Play on my phone, same for most phones in China, so they wouldn't work. I removed the offending game, because it didn't work properly anyway, and now no more ads. I can't find a game called Turbo Racer 3D in Google Play on my PC and nor on my 4.0 Android tablet.

Has anyone else come accross full-screen popup ads coming from ad-supported apps and games? I know about AirPush notification-bar ads, but I don't think it was that.

I was originally thinking this might have been something that only happens in China, however..
1) The ads were in English.
2) They always linked to Google Play.
Sims FreePlay has full page ads.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rico ANDROID For This Useful Post:
mikedt (October 3rd, 2012)