View Single Post
Old October 3rd, 2012, 11:45 PM   #45 (permalink)
mikedt
你好

Device(s): Oppo Find 7a, Samsung Galaxy Win Duos(spare), Lenovo P700i(retired), KIRF Galaxy Note(deceased)
Carrier: China Mobile

Thanked 2,948 Times in 2,137 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to mikedt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico ANDROID View Post
I agree 100%. So far I have been lucky not to experience any ads even while not using an app or playing a game. But I've had the worse experience with Sims Freeplay. The full-page ads "worked" better than the game. Each time you would do anything in the game, it goes into a "pause" state, then loads the full page ads, then you have to "back" out of it just "Wait" even more for the game to reload.

Imagine this on devices where a user has limited data. Eats it right up!

The ads I was getting were definitely downloading with 3G mobile data, because when I turned off mobile data, no ads appeared. My mobile data is pay as you use. I send a SMS to a special number requesting how much mobile data I wish to buy, and the amount is deducted from my total pre-paid account balance. That's how it works with China Mobile.

LOL Sims Freeplay must be a bad game, if the ads are better than the game. Like when a TV show is so bad, the ads are better. The offending game I referred to earlier didn't work properly, the start screens loaded but when I tried to play it, it froze and had to be force closed.
There are nine million bicycles in Beijing.
There are nine million Androids in Shenzhen.
Last edited by mikedt; October 3rd, 2012 at 11:54 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to mikedt For This Useful Post:
Rico ANDROID (October 4th, 2012)