View Single Post
Old October 4th, 2012, 06:25 AM   #13 (permalink)
paroots
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Galaxy Nexus & Epic 4g Touch
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefboyardee View Post
I mean no disrespect to you or the developers of security apps, but I believe the best security for your droid is a front pocket for it alone.

Just like a rear pocket for your wallet, tap them when you get up. And if you have to use one, keep it in your hand until it goes back in its pocket.

Caveat: I do have Where's My Droid installed, but I donít expect any better results from losing a droid than a wallet. With either, either it falls into helpful hands or I never see it again.
Thanks. I do agree that keeping close tabs on your phone is the best protection, however, my philosophy is a bit different. While there are no certainties in anti-theft apps or life for that matter, one can do things to improves the odds. The thing I like most about the GotYa app is that it does just a few things, but it does them extremely well. I suggest you take a serious look at GotYa for the fun of it. I definitely believe you will increase the odds of recovery to a higher probability than a lost or stolen wallet
Pete
Last edited by paroots; October 4th, 2012 at 06:31 AM.