View Single Post
Old October 5th, 2012, 06:08 AM   #10 (permalink)
sdrawkcab25

Device(s): Rooted Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Rooted HTC Incredible, Stock 4G Motorola Droid Xyboard 10.1 (32GB)
Carrier: Verizon

Thanked 1,957 Times in 1,327 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIncNewbie View Post
sdrawcab25, not getting any Android love from this update! First time I rebooted the phone to HBOOT it tried to install the update without my having to go to recovery. However, after I got the green arrows screen and a progress bar as it was trying to load, it halted about 20% of the way through and I got the dreaded red triangle/exclamation icon.

On subsequent tries, it did not try to load the file from HBOOT, but when I went to recovery it attempted to load and then gave me the same error indication above.

I'm stock GB 4.08.605.2, S-OFF and was rooted prior to reinstalling this stock ROM (not sure if it unrooted me as HBOOT 0.92 won't tell me).

Thanks for any help or ideas.

Oh, and I have to ask the (probably) stupid question: why am I "updating" 4.08.605.2 to 4.08.605.15? Numerically, I'm going down instead of up!?
I'd just ignore the update and install a rom that has the update already baked in. It sounds like you've been unrooted from trying to install the update. I'll get you a couple links to help you out.
To get root back:
[How To] Regain Root With S-Off or HTC unlocked bootloader

Updated rom:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1737398

605.15 is a higher version than 605.2 ...I know it doesn't follow proper decimal numbering though
Last edited by sdrawkcab25; October 5th, 2012 at 06:12 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to sdrawkcab25 For This Useful Post:
DIncNewbie (October 9th, 2012)