Thread: Accessory Thoughts on the Trident Aegis?
View Single Post
Old October 5th, 2012, 01:54 PM   #22 (permalink)
johnlgalt
Antidisestablishmentarian

Device(s): Motorola® DROID® BIONIC®
Carrier: VZW

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,362 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to johnlgalt Send a message via MSN to johnlgalt Send a message via Yahoo to johnlgalt Send a message via Skype™ to johnlgalt johnlgalt@gmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerBomb View Post
Those cases cost more than I paid for the Bionic. Dunno what you guys do with your phone that a $5 TPU eBay case doesn't protect equally as well. Oh well, different strokes...

Owned my phone since day 1 (8 Sept 2011 @ 12:35). I only use the VZW Shell / Holster combo. Even that $5 TPU is too much for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acejavelin View Post
LOL... Yeah, until you have to replace it without a warranty or insurance. Then a $20-$30 case makes a whole lot more sense. Once you get a quality case (irregardless of price) and it does it's job you will understand.

If I didn't have an Otterbox Defender, I am sure my work Rezound would have been destroyed within a week... Day 2 it was dropped from the top of a 12' step ladder to a concrete floor, bounced once and the phone was perfect, the case had one tiny little scuff in the corner. In around the 8 months I have have had, the phone has been dropped dozens of times from heights over 8' off the ground, gotten splashed on many times, dropped, kicked (accidentally), thrown (purposely), had stuff dropped on it, knocked across the room, etc. And the phone itself is still in like new condition, the case is still in excellent condition, although I have had to have the belt holster replaced twice because the clip broke off when something snagged it and sent my Rez flying, and Otterbox replaced it twice, no questions asked, had it in two days both times.
To each his/her own. I've had mine a year and never had a replacement. Same with my OG DROID (also bougt day 1, 6 Nov 2009), with which I also only use(d) the Shell / Holster combo. I still have that same OG DROID too.

Diff'rent Strokes for different folks....

Files for the Motorola® DROID® BIONIC®:
Motorola USB drivers v5.9.0 | Motorola RSD Lite v5.7
My DropBox Referral link