View Single Post
Old October 5th, 2012, 04:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
Ceverol

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrbar View Post
Hello,

I just bought my first Android phone, LG Optimus L3 with Android 2.3.6.
It's not the best one, but it could be enough to discover Android

This phone has only 157Mo memory system (there should have 384MB at the total, including the system).
There has also 1GB of internal memory.
And I added a 16GB Mini-SD.

But it looks like I can use the Mini-SD as USB Key only?
If you mean you think it can be used as external memory only, that is not the case. The apps that can be moved to the SD card can also be run from there. So it is important to move every app to the SD card that can be moved. You can do that in Settings > Applications. Or you can download 'App 2 SD' (can be moved to SD), and run it.

Quote:
There is 34Mo free in the system memory only, so I can't download a lot of new application!
There are some applications I can move from the system memory to the internal memory, but not all the applications have this option (the button is off)!

Is it normal to not be able to transfer some applications to the internal memory?
If you mean to the external memory (= SD card): yes.

Quote:
Is it possible to transfer applications directly to the Mini-SD (instead of internal memory)?
I don't think so.

Quote:
Does the latest versions of Android (like 4.0 ICS) offer more features for the storage management?
I'm not sure what you mean.
But since I don't remember being particularly impressed by radical new features in ICS storage management I'm guessing there weren't any.

Quote:
Because I could perhaps take another phone like HTC Desire C style running Android 4.0 ICS.
If you can get a phone with more internal memory then I would really advise you to do that! Because as you can see it is already a bottleneck in your current LG.
Last edited by Ceverol; October 5th, 2012 at 04:23 PM.