View Single Post
Old October 5th, 2012, 08:45 PM   #29 (permalink)
themib
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): D3 (Steel Droid 5.6 ICS), DX2, D2G, D2, DX (Liquid ics 2.0), Droid 4 (CM11)
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzy1665 View Post
I like hearing we can finally root Android 2.3.4/4.5.621 but I have worries as I installed LauncherPro from Google PLAY onto my DroidX a few hours ago and several of my apps do not show up on the display when I launch them, I have no control over the MP3 player while it plays a song or when it is over and while taking a video an hour ago using the stock camcorder app it froze completely,. I had to pull the battery just to restart it. I have since uninstalled the LauncherPro and everything seems fine now.

I do admit that I am worried about what happens if the ROOT process bombs somewhere along the way. What are my options at that time?
restart root program, try again
depends on where in the process
worst case you just don't have root

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgaylor View Post
I'm hoping you guys can help. i bought a used DX off ebay that already has .621 on it ive downloaded and burned the cd and have tried to root my dx several times but the first thing it says is rm failed for /data/preinstall_md5/magic md5/magic.md5. No such file or directory. and then proceeds thru the rest of the rooting process saying the installation everything else has failed. Any thoughts???

Android Version

Baseband Version
BP_C_01.09.15p

Kernel Version
2.6.32.9-g1282440
mcbk83@il93lnxdroid08#1

Build Number
4.5.1_57_DX8-51
you are enabling usb debugging?
charge only mode? try pc mode