View Single Post
Old October 6th, 2012, 08:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
DemDog
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Note 3 & Note 10.1 2014 for me, Note 2 for the wife.
Carrier: VZW

I got the batteryless, backless S3 from VZW and a Hyperion Extended Battery and cover from Amazon on Friday.

Got it all together and running with one slight problem. The S-Voice feature did not produce any sound when "Galaxy" replied. That meant the I could not really do any dialing with my bluetooth headset.

Spent over an hour with about 5 reps at my local VZW store trying to fix it. They checked with VZW Tech Support and were told that Samsung was aware of the problem and were working on a fix that is to come out at the end of the month. Not a happy camper here.

Well this morning I was messing with the thing and low and behold "Galaxy" began to talk to me and I could actually hear her. All is well now and I could not be happier with the phone. Yes it cost me about $50 when you consider the extended battery and some screen savers but I would have bought those anyway.

Just keeping my fingers crossed that the S3 will continue to work for the next year or so til my contract runs out.

Microsoft would have us believe that we are in a world without walls, if there are no walls who needs Windows?