View Single Post
Old October 7th, 2012, 08:22 AM   #21 (permalink)
mikedt
你好

Device(s): Oppo Find 7a, Samsung Galaxy Win Duos(spare), Lenovo P700i(retired), KIRF Galaxy Note(deceased)
Carrier: China Mobile

Thanked 2,859 Times in 2,066 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to mikedt

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdbryant3 View Post
Here is why and the key is the user input you reference is actually a small percentage of the market - ie not the average user:

2) SD Cards are a complication for the average user. It is easier to push cloud services instead of confusing the user with file management.
Nah, confuse the average user with jargon like "push cloud services" instead. or things like "We're sorry. Google Music is currently only available in the United States." or why they've got a huge phone bill from their carrier for unlimited* mobile data overage charges.

I'm pretty sure most non-techy normal users are familiar with SD-cards. especially in their digital cameras. Even my father managed that one. Certainly easier than trying to explain to him, why he should spend two weeks uploading his 30GB of MP3s to the internet, instead of keeping them on his PC or on the SD-card in his phone. But he won't be able to listen to them when he's on a plane, ocean cruise or in a foreign country etc, And that he should be careful about how much of his music he listens to, because it could get rather expensive.
There are nine million bicycles in Beijing.
There are nine million Androids in Shenzhen.
Last edited by mikedt; October 7th, 2012 at 09:20 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikedt For This Useful Post:
EarlyMon (October 7th, 2012), Hadron (October 8th, 2012)