View Single Post
Old October 9th, 2012, 07:58 PM   #10 (permalink)
Rxpert83
Dr. Feelgood

Device(s): Nexus 7, Nexus 5
Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 12,627 Times in 7,286 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modman View Post
Do I have to uninstall ROM manager to install twrp? Also should I be concerned ROM manager is showing cwm as flashed but will only boot up with dead android if I don't reflash cwm? Reason I didn't just use cwm is because it asks me to disable recovery flash and if I don't disable it cwm gets disabled if I try to go back in without disabling recovery flash. IS DISABLING RECOVERY FLASH DANGEROUS? DOES ANYONE KNOW IF TWRP WILL ASK ME THE SAME THING? WHY IS THIS HAPPENING? Basically when it asks to disable recovery flash if I hit back instead of saying yes or no it reboots the tablet. If I go back in later without reflashing cwm I get the dead android on its back. If I reflash cwm I can get back in and cwm works normally. Why is stock recovery overwriting cwm and is it safe to disable recovery flash?

What is goo manager?
If I were you I'd hook your tablet up to our PC and download and run the nexus root toolkit. Open it, install the drivers, and hit the root button with install custom recovery checked. It'll put twrp on the device and everything will be working.