View Single Post
Old October 10th, 2012, 01:09 AM   #2 (permalink)
euph_22

Device(s): Droid Razr, BN Nook Color (running CM 7). Formerly Droid Incredible I and Samsung Behold II (POS).
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypertur View Post
Alright everyone, this may be a completely stupid question, but it has been enticing me for a while. I currently have a Samsung Galaxy Player, which is essentially like an iPod: It can download apps, all that good stuff, but it can't make calls or texts without an app like Google Voice. Now, here is the question: Because I don't have phone service, can I tether to make my own wifi signal? (If any of you could also somehow get this to work like a phone, that would be great.) The Galaxy player is rooted, so that won't be an obstacle. I do have a regular phone, but I have the galaxy player for fun. Basically I need the tether because there is no wifi that I can connect to in my school. Thanks in advance.
Ok, just to be clear you're trying to tether FROM the Galaxy player, right?

Does it have 3g/4g/LTE some form of mobile data (besides wifi)? If it does, you should be able to do this. If not, there is no internet connection you could share with the the hotspot.