View Single Post
Old October 10th, 2012, 11:01 AM   #1211 (permalink)
drexappeal

Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), LG G3 Sprint (Gold), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi
Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 2,815 Times in 1,900 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScandaLeX View Post
OMG YES!!!
Sprints already going to make a killing on the phone. Having the Note 10.1 in their arsenal would rake in even more money. I think that would've been a win/win for customers and Sprint.

I still have my reservations about the Padfone 2. It's so circa Photon and Atrix. The entire concept is ideal and it's just a gut feeling this phone is only going to appeal to those who know the full scope.

Most customers (IMO) are going to go with the name they know which is either Samsung, HTC or Apple.
Note 10.1 would've sold more for sure, but i don't think I'll ever buy a carrier specific tablet, unless I buy it off contract and without activation requirements. The plans are ridiculously priced for tablets. Way better just paying for hotspot fee and wirelesslys tethering a tablet off a smartphone using unlimited data vs. paying for the tablet plan.

I agree to a certain extent about the padfone 2, but the thing that would prevent carriers from bringing this over is primarily because they can't charge for the tablet plan. That's what i personally love about the Padfone 2. A person could use a tablet while in an office all day, but still be able to receive phone calls from the same device. This concept should be a big seller for business oriented folks.