View Single Post
Old October 10th, 2012, 11:49 AM   #1214 (permalink)
drexappeal
AF Addict

Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), LG G3 Sprint (Gold), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi
Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 2,841 Times in 1,921 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan330 View Post
padphone's biggest benefit and biggest hurdle is the data plan.

customers can use a tablet on a carrier's network with out an extra data month plan.
vs
Carriers can not charge for a 2nd data plan to customers to use a tablet.

which carrier is desperate enough to bring a device like this.. just to keep and bring in new customers.. at the cost of not getting extra data plans from each customer?
Sprint and TMobile.
Yup. Sprint and t-mobile are in a position that, if they offered the padfone 2, it'd be game changing. And especially if they offer a subsidized price that'll be worth it to consumers, unlike the high prices that Motorola offered for the now defunct lapdock.

If the padfone 2, phone only, were offered at an upgrade price of 199.99, but for an additional $100 offered the tablet dock and keyboard as added accessories ...I believe the padfone 2 would sell like hotcakes. If you compared, buying a high end cell phone + the least expensive of the 10 inch tablets available, it'd be a steal of a price. Then, add the keyboard dock makes it even better.

But, back to the point dan and i mentioned...carriers would make more money not offering it. I do feel like it'd be more popular than most would think, as long as it were sold and marketed properly.
The Following User Says Thank You to drexappeal For This Useful Post:
dan330 (October 10th, 2012)