View Single Post
Old October 11th, 2012, 04:07 AM   #23 (permalink)
MerkyBlud
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

I don't have a spare Android, but I do have a spare sd card that I got to create a goldcard, as I wasn't successful in rooting the phone I'm not sure the goldcard worked. Followed the instructions and looked ok. I removed the resulting .img file while I was trying to fix this problem myself as the phone wasn't happy with it not being a CID match, assume this means the goldcard didnt work..? I still have the .img file on my pc though to put back on the card in case it was something else I was doing wrong... would there be a way to create a new one if needed using a USB card reader, pc-based software and the info I output from my phone earlier? I have the goldcard helper app on my main sd card that I've kept at a safe distance from the phone since it started its antics. Oh yes, my phone did come with 2.2 / Froyo, it was just after the OTA update shortly after to 2.3 that I looked into rooting it and realised I'd just made it more difficult for myself haha! so a factory reset would send it back to Froyo?

Thanks for your continued help guys