View Single Post
Old October 11th, 2012, 11:11 AM   #209 (permalink)
alexab

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

What a great thread! I'm new to the world of Android and all Android related things. I've recently rooted my LG Vortex using Gingerbreak. I'm now ready to begin customizing, but before I get too far along, I want to make a backup while I know things are working.

After reading through the instructions in the OP several times as well as going through the rest of the thread, I feel like I have a solid idea of how to proceed. The only question that remains has to do with the two versions of the recovery image. When you say 2.2.1 and 3.06, what are these referring to? I noticed there is a version for the Vortex under both categories, so I just want to make sure I use the right one.

recovery-RA-vortex-2.2.1-GNM.img
recovery-ra-vortex-3.06-gnm.img

My apologies in advance if the answer should be obvious.

EDIT: I just realized that these version numbers are the same for all models (with some minor exceptions). I'm assuming this means the version number is referring the version of the Recovery and that I should use the most up-to-date version?
Last edited by alexab; October 11th, 2012 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Read through OP again and still picked up on something I'd missed the first three times.