View Single Post
Old October 11th, 2012, 01:48 PM   #20 (permalink)
cerealus

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee1418 View Post
ok so i download that MMS fix file right? am I supposed to run it or something? I'm kinda new at this. Anyways am I supposed to flash the rom first then go back into the recovery an flash that zip too?
I'm in no better shape than you ... but, FWIW, the way I read his instructions, maybe there's an app called "ApnBackupAndRestore" on your phone, after you're finished installing the new ROM?! ... and if ya run it, there's probly a button 'er menu that says "Restore APN" ... and if ya choose that, it'll prompt for a file on your phone?! ... pick the .xml file ... "profit"?!

Outta curiosity, what did ya find to root your phone ... and any good instructions (pic-heavy) for using Odin to flash the CWM?! ... at least, based on what I've read elsewhere, that's what I need to do, before I can "flash" the ROM?!

I've Odin'd ICS to my tablet ... but that was a very simple deal ... just plug it in, hit the "PDA" button and choose the one file ... click "Go" ... reboot ... done! ... no rooting ... no CWM ... very simple!

Not sure why this new ROM is any different?! ... but, it must be?!

I did root my tablet once ... that was fairly simple, to start ... downloaded a .zip right to the phone ... recovery mode let me browse right to it ... and it was somewhat rooted ... but then when I tried to do the rest, it wanted a couple other apps and permissions and what-not! PITA!

Anyhow, if ya found any good links, please lemme know!