View Single Post
Old October 13th, 2012, 04:44 PM   #31 (permalink)
scotty85
AF Addict

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanked 6,786 Times in 4,268 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerkyBlud View Post
am I missing some files I need or trying to update this the wrong way? and are the signs encouraging if its looking for these files?
nope... you are not doing anything wrong. your assesment of a dead batter sounds correct,and it is very reccomended to run an ruu with a full charge.

the phone looking for the files is normal hboot behavior,its simply searching the sd for files it recognizes- it does not mean you are missing any files.

hopefully when the phone is cahrged,hboot will flash the writing,stop on PD98IMG and youll see a couple of status bars as the phone unpacks and inspects the file. it should pass the main version check,so as long as youve got a good gold card,the CID check will be bypassed and it will ask you to update.

allow the update,then carefully place the phone down somewhere it can do its thing without falling and spitting out the battery(as that happening during an hboot or radio flash could permantly brick the device )

when its done,it will ask you to reboot. reboot,and immediately remove PD98IMG from the sd.
donate to my device fund
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to scotty85 For This Useful Post:
D-U-R-X (October 13th, 2012), MerkyBlud (October 14th, 2012), ral (October 13th, 2012)