Thread: General Anyone have this phone?
View Single Post
Old October 15th, 2012, 08:49 AM   #11 (permalink)
drexappeal
AF Addict

Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), LG G3 Sprint (Gold), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi
Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 2,841 Times in 1,921 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by smRN7 View Post
I am new here and did not mean to post this here...and wasn't sure if I should start a new thread? I am not exactly a tech head but can hold my own with stuff once I learn terminology etc. I am new to Droid/smart phones, but my question is this...can the Photon Q be fully flashed to Metrocps so it maintains all its functions? I mean, if I, or someone else was able to do this, can it be done??? I know the Photon Q has an unlockable bootloader and you can customize and flash the kernels and lotsa other stuff...just want to know if this gives it an advantage over other phones as far as being able to flash to other CDMA carriers, or if the advanced features/capabilities have nothing to do with it. Does anyone know if it has been done with the Photon Q and worked out and functions held up?

Thank you so much.
One has nothing to do with the other. Some people have attempted flashing a sprint phone over to another provider, but it wasn't a simple endeavor. So, easy answer is no. And LTE would not work, should you be successful flashing over.
The Following User Says Thank You to drexappeal For This Useful Post:
smRN7 (October 15th, 2012)