View Single Post
Old October 15th, 2012, 12:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
StarScream2109
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Rooted ZTE Warp [ROM]StarScream, LG Spectrum[Stock], HTC droid Incredible [CM9]
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Thanked 1,486 Times in 974 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to StarScream2109 gonekrazy500@gmail.com
Default [GUIDE][HOW TO][WIP] Easy Theming

okay guys i figured i would make this guide for more people can make some themes for ROMs and the whatnot. i am listing TWO(2) ways the first Ninjamorph the second UOT kitchen both easy
Before you begin to
A)Edit files and APKs with Ninjamorph and B)flash your UOT theme make sure to:
1)MAKE A BACKUP!!! this is VERY important incase you mess with the wrong thing and get a bootloop
2)Remember NEVER to mix APKs while using ninjamorph (i have never done this so DO NOT DO IT)

NINJAMORPH
okay first you will need a couple apps
1)Ninjamorph
2)root explorer (and xplore or solid explorer)
3)photo editor
these apps will be needed for both processes.

First Method-
  • Open Ninjamorph and allow root permissions select new project after it initializes this will create the Folder Androidthemes on your sd card
  • go to system/app(or Framework) and select your app (for this TUT i will use Frameworkres)
  • Allow the app to extract the apk (may take a few minutes)
  • once it has extracted on your SD inside the Androidthemes folder there will be a sub-folder called Workspace thats where all your extracted apks NEED to be
  • inside the extracted APK you will see
    android manifest.xml<-DONT TOUCH
    Assests<-DONT TOUCH
    META-INF<-DONT TOUCH
    res<-OPEN THIS
    resources.arsc<-DONT TOUCH
  • inside the res folder you will see drawable folders in those are the images you want to edit
  • there are several ways to theme from here you can: Switch and rename images from other ROMs, Long pressimage and click edit image(for basic colors), use Photo editor to change them
  • Once you got all images you want themed go to Ninjamorph home and press FINISH PROJECT
  • It will give you the options of Zipalign and Replace: Select YES to Both
  • Reboot and enjoy your theme

Second Method-
  • extract your desired APK with a file explorer AND locate the extracted APK
  • Rename to XXXXapk (framework-resapk)
  • move to AndroidThemes/workspace
  • inside the extracted APK you will see
    android manifest.xml<-DONT TOUCH
    Assests<-DONT TOUCH
    META-INF<-DONT TOUCH
    res<-OPEN THIS
    resources.arsc<-DONT TOUCH
  • inside the res folder you will see drawable folders in those are the images you want to edit
  • there are several ways to theme from here you can: Switch and rename images from other ROMs, Long pressimage and click edit image(for basic colors), use Photo editor to change them
  • Once you got all images you want themed go to Ninjamorph home and press FINISH PROJECT

BOTH of these methods ARE tested and BOTH work
You can also use Images from UOT themes by-
  • Create your UOT theme
  • extract UOT zip and APKs
  • use xplore to move desired images to AndroidThemes/workspace/XXXXAPK/res/Drawable-hdpi*
*varies with folder
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
UOT Kitchen
okay so you want to make a theme for your favorite ROM huh? okay first go to http://uot.dakra.lt/
  • click on kitchen (this allows you to "cook" up your desired theme)
  • you can pick your battery icons, status bar icons,pull down icons along with all the colors there is a preview button so you can see what it will look like (im not going to give you a step by step on this just experiment)
  • okay so you finished your theme and your ready to cook it up you will need a couple things first
    Froyo rom: framework-res.apk
    Gingerbread rom: framework-res.apk and SystemUI.apk
    Gingerbread with sense rom: framework-res.apk, SystemUI.apk and com.htc.resources.apk
    Cyanogenmod7 rom: Cyanbread.apk or Androidian.apk or any theme for ThemeChooser (rename as you like it to apear in theme menu)
  • so depending on your device take what you need and upload it to the kitchen
  • once you have uploading the cooking will begin you will have to wait between 5-30 Minutes
  • okay so its ready now you have a zip folder UOT-10-17-12-12(just an example) you will need to put it on your SD card
  • now that you have your zip on your SD boot into recovery (youll have to find that out)
  • once in recovery wipe BOTH dalvik cache and system cache-DO NOT DO A FACTORY/DATA RESET!!!
  • go to install from SD locate your UOT zip and select YES
  • reboot and the changes should be there
its as simple as that so go on make some themes for all your favorite ROMs and share with the world
*WARNING! Flash UOT file after you have first boot.
If you flashed new rom, boot up your phone first time
and after that reboot into recovery to flash UOT file

*WORKAROUND if flashing doesn't change anything:
1. Reboot into recovery
2. Manually mount /system and /data from recovery menu
3. Flash the UOT file

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS PLEASE ASK i am happy to help anyone who wishes to theme
MIND YOU GUYS I AM IN NO WAY RESPONSIBLE FOR-
  • Bricking
  • exploding
  • data loss
  • loss of hair
  • or any other problems
ENJOY GUYS!!

If you would like to SEE CONTINUED DEVELOPMENT<-Press the button
If you need a dropbox here you go! DROPBOX
Join us in the Undead Den you'll have a BLOODY good time
--------------------------------------------------------------------
My Work-
[ROM] StarScream
TeaM GlitcH<--CLick me!!!
Wanna theme? check THIS out
Maybe your into Fallout New Vegas/ Fallout 3/ Skyrim, well maybe you should keep and eye on THIS
Last edited by StarScream2109; October 17th, 2012 at 09:41 AM.
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to StarScream2109 For This Useful Post:
Atma (October 17th, 2012), codylaws88 (August 13th, 2013), D-U-R-X (October 17th, 2012), El Presidente (October 16th, 2012), eyebeam (October 22nd, 2012), Granite1 (October 17th, 2012), jesssiii (March 11th, 2013), jmax81 (October 15th, 2012), jonny wad (October 18th, 2012), joshythefirst (May 11th, 2013), kdraw44 (October 15th, 2012), locorican70 (August 19th, 2014), Memo35 (December 20th, 2012), Rush (August 25th, 2013), SicFreak (October 15th, 2012), smartmanvartan (October 30th, 2012), Smoothkaos (October 15th, 2012), uknow (October 15th, 2012), xman95 (October 15th, 2012)