View Single Post
Old October 16th, 2012, 11:13 AM   #4 (permalink)
Digital Controller
The Real Bass Creator

Device(s): Galaxy Note 3 4.4.2(Eclipse) , Nexus 7 (Stock), (RIP) Galaxy Nexus 4.4(SlimKat)
Carrier: Verizon

Thanked 3,420 Times in 2,163 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmanvell View Post
What is happening is the phones sensors are kicking in and turning off the screen. The phone has a feature that blanks the screen when you place it against your cheek to prevent you from accidentally cheek pressing stuff on the active screen.

When you tap your finger against the screen the phone also thinks it's your cheek and blanks the screen accordingly.

The fix is how you hold the phone. If you hold the phone exactly like you do when you place it against your ear it will sense you are holding it that way. Change your grip and it will work. Other option is to turn off that sensor in the settings.

Took me a bit to figure it out as well when it first happened to me. Once i figured it out it was a no brainer.
This is exactly the right solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpancakes View Post
Thank you thank you!!! I went to the phone screen and hit call settings and unchecked the "auto screen off during calls" option.

Much better. This phone has so many features, maybe too many for me.
New smart phones can be pretty overwhelming that's why we are here to help

Fortunately enough you can turn this feature off, as i know it has given some people a hassle in the past.

Glad to see you got your problem solved.

I love this community and so should you! So before posting please read:
Site Rules & Guidelines and Android FAQ's