View Single Post
Old October 17th, 2012, 09:38 PM   #1336 (permalink)
SoulSmilen

Device(s): Note 2 (AT&T) - OG Evo (Sprint) is now a root toy!
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlyMon View Post
They can't win. The One X has fewer problems, better power efficiency, an equal or better camera, better radios and a laughably better screen than the SGS3. Give it 2 GB ram, an SD card and removable battery and Samsung would still outsell them.

Put out a better model after Samsung and right after the honeymoon, the blogosphere will still proclaim Samsung the winner and proceed to badmouth HTC.

In the past, htc has had a supplier consistency problem. I think that there were something like 8 Evo versions and 2 3vo versions. People get one of the off versions, hate it and thereafter think that HTC needs to change their designs, and never get the experience that those of us getting the mainline version got.

They design well, but Google and Apple are teaching them to build in a little bit of customer dissatisfaction to drive the next model.

Anyway, I submit that whatever the SGS4 will be, if you take two, change the logo on one to HTC and send both out to the professional reviewers out there, they'll declare the Sammy the clear winner.

Lol sorry I guess I got off on a rant!
A rant that many of us feel! I love many of Note 2 specs, am more receptive to TW now that it's been tweaked, but still lust and long for HTC finesse, and yes (sorry Amoled lovers), the superior screens. I still go to Sprint and AT&T to play with the LTE Evo and have a hard time putting it down. I've come close many times, because the battery life IS better than previous models, despite being smaller, and I can't even imagine how much more efficient the J Butterfly is with the S4 Pro.

I kept waiting for the 5" HTC, and I bet we get a flagship come spring, but I am so very close to being sure on the Note 2. I keep saying if I can deal with any Amoled screen, it's this one. If it were pentile, it would be a no go, oh hell no.

Even with the lure of the big screen and the S-pen, and I am excited about those, no doubt.. I'm still settling, and waiting on HTC to make my dream phone.

Since the Note 2 will most likely be more expensive off contract, I will resign myself to get it on contract at release, then turn around and buy that 5" HTC I know is coming at full price.

I'm phone bipolar right now, methinks. Lol
The Following User Says Thank You to SoulSmilen For This Useful Post:
EarlyMon (October 18th, 2012)