View Single Post
Old October 18th, 2012, 08:50 AM   #1870 (permalink)
ChiweN
AF Contributor

Device(s): Galaxy S3 (cdma and gsm), Google Nexus 7, Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
Carrier: Not Provided

chiwen5k@gmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by OcalaFlGuy View Post
IMO, one does have to pay attention to the nitty gritty of the insurance situation for Your Particular phone.

My DX had been out quite awhile when I got it, I didn't get insurance for it. After a year I did break the screen but got another DX like new for $100. It's now almost 2 years since I got the phone and at $100 spent over that time and having 2 DXs that work, I'm ahead of the insurance game.

I DO think it's Completely Insane for example, to have insurance on the Motion. Why? You can get a brand new, not refurb phone for 2x just one year's insurance coverage. (To me, that's a not often mentioned Benefit of the Motion, you save about $70 a year insurance owning one. Or, you Should Save that anyway...)

OTOH, for a $500+ phone to me it's a Duh, no brainer to carry insurance at least for the first 2 years you own the phone.

Bruce in Ocala, FL
Depends on how you look at it. I keep insurance on my phone for a different reason.

I had a Samsung galaxy indulge. Hated the phone! When it finally died I called in the insurance claim to asurion. Because the indulge had been discontinued, I got to take my pick of better phones (choice between galaxy attain, esteem and connect). Many people have had this happen for them.

So you could look at it as an investment for an upgrade lol. When the motion gets discontinued ill put in a claim, pay $39 bucks and get an upgraded phone.

Besides, insurance makes sense for me. I let my 2 year old play with my phone when he's whining and we are out (kids games and movies). So my phones are always in danger of being destroyed when he decides to throw it. ;-)
The Following User Says Thank You to ChiweN For This Useful Post:
alfick3 (October 18th, 2012)