View Single Post
Old October 18th, 2012, 03:57 PM   #57 (permalink)
darkuni
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S4(LTE) Rooted, Samsung Note 10.1 2014 Edition Rooted, Asus Nexus 7 Rooted, NVidia Sh
Carrier: Verizon

darkuni

It's so easy to just pigeon-hole all PC file managers together - but there really is a difference. The whole point of going with File Expert (for me) was that FTP is completely integrated into Dopus - meaning I can work with my phone files EXACTLY the same as any other drive plugged in (for the most part).

Even plugging the phone in with a USB cable only nets me a "basic" MTP crap device (which BARELY works within Windows Explorer and worse in Dopus).

Like I said, there are a million ways to do this - AirDroid, et al - but in the end - having a standard protocol FTP server on my device means (as always with Android) "Whateva ... I do what I want".

Sorry about the cost ... but you have to admit - it's worth the bucks once you learn to unleash its power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paroots View Post
Thanks for the tutorial darkuni, but you cost me a lot of money I read that your PC file manager is Directory Opus. I checked it out and liked it very much, but was scared off by the hefty price tag of $69 AUD (Pro version). I then decided to compare popular file managers for Windows since the built-in Windows Explorer is so limited. After a few days, I realized that I had been spoiled by Directory Opus and tried to find a discount to help rationalize the purchase. I finally did find a discount and purchased it for $55 AUD. Note: the Light version for $29 AUD wouldn't work since it doesn't support FTP.

For those interested, you can get a free 60 day evaluation of Directory Opus Pro. I also discovered a great tutorial here: Directory Opus 101—How to Configure Dopus tutorial. Also the license is good for your PC plus a personal laptop.
Pete