Thread: Support Calling issues
View Single Post
Old October 19th, 2012, 01:32 AM   #47 (permalink)
tbonus76

Device(s): Galaxy S2 (T989)
Carrier: T-Mobile

Just an update for anyone troubleshooting the calling problem. A few days ago I had a thought that maybe something about the Kies update process to 4.0.4 was what caused my calling problems, so I did a wipe, reset, and flash to 4.0.4 and left the stock 4.0.4 UVLH1 radio installed. I have not had a single problem with any phone call, wifi calling or cell tower calls. So that puts a big hole in my previous theory that my problems were being caused by the UVLH1 radio. Also, It seems that my reception for data and phone may be slightly better than when I was on the UVLE1 radio.

So I guess that forces my new theory to be that it was the actual upgrade from 4.0.3 (which is what came installed on my phone) to 4.0.4 via Samsung Kies, that caused the calling problems I was having (cant hear ring, cant hear other party, they can't hear me, etc.). Perhaps a good wipe and reset and then flashing straight to 4.0.4 via Odin results in a more stable install? Who knows, but that's where my troubleshooting has led me. I hope this helps someone.
The Following User Says Thank You to tbonus76 For This Useful Post:
Atma (October 19th, 2012)