View Single Post
Old October 20th, 2012, 07:17 AM   #48 (permalink)
divinebovine
AF Contributor

Device(s): Kyocera Rise, Kyocera Hydro, PCD/ZTE/Alcatel Virgin Mobile Venture/JukeB
Carrier: Not Provided

Send a message via AIM to divinebovine Send a message via MSN to divinebovine

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimsKITblue View Post
what/where is chmod or is that being created
chmod is equivalent to the Windows command cacls (and kinda similar to the much less powerful DOS command attrib). It gets installed when you install busybox, which is the first thing that's recommended to install after rooting (in every howto/auto-rooting program I've seen).

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimsKITblue View Post
adb isn't installing on my computer. the dialog to install the PHONEs software isn't coming up. i know that it is reading the phone but when i connected it the first time i think i toggled don't now ask to install again since the software wasn't found. I cna't remember if a simple reboot will allow me to see that dialog again.
You need to go into device manager, find your phone (should show up as an error), and delete it. Then install PDANet (linked in Dracable's post), which is the only known way to get drivers that work for this phone. Turn on USB debugging in your phone before you do that, and don't mount the phone's USB Mass Storage MicroSD card on the computer.

110GB free at Surdoc! Or 2.5GB @ Dropbox. Or 20GB @ Copy. For Android backup, 1.3GB @ GCLoudBackup.com - just enter code DHY4B2. Bonuses at dozens of other cloud storage services.