View Single Post
Old October 20th, 2012, 11:51 AM   #33 (permalink)
Rico ANDROID
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): GALAXY NOTE 2 .(aka T.E.D.6)....ROOTED!
Carrier: A Bentley Carries Me

Thanked 1,670 Times in 1,238 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedt View Post
It comes up many times on AF. Including some rather interesting cases, Someone bought a Samsung Galaxy Ace that was intended for China Mobile. Couldn't make it work on 3 in the UK, even though it was unlocked. Because 3 in the UK only operates a 3G UMTS network, not 2G GSM. China Mobile uses it's own unique 3G wireless technology, as well as EDGE/GSM.

Myself, I've got a Lenovo phone, I find this to be more suited to China, than the UK purchased Samsung Galaxy S I had.

In China it's not clamping down on copyright infringement they're after. It's basically anything that Beijing(Communist Party of China) feels is undesirable and doesn't want The People to see, that's what gets censored here.

You probably saw the Search is there, but via google.com.hk in Hong Kong. HK is not subject to the same censoring and internet laws as the Mainland.

Couple of years ago, Google was almost on the edge of pulling out of the PRC completely, and closing its Beijing office.
I did notice when I use an MP3 Downloader app I got from GooglePlay that a LOT of my downloads seem to come from overseas such as the orient. Its all good to me if China doesnt have a heavy crackdown on downloads like mp3s butbi wonder how these upcoming U.S. imposed restrictions can regulate us from downloads that comes from servers not in a U.S. jurisdiction?

Was it Googles decision to possibly pull out or local laws an dv terms that were making itbso Google couldnt service the area? Makes me think how far a govt can go with internet access and how can they block say, for example, if I wanted to download a song from a server stored on a system in china. I guess we do have regulations coming.