Thread: Support Phone keeps rebooting
View Single Post
Old October 23rd, 2012, 04:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
doogald

Device(s): Moto Droid Maxx (2013-), Moto Droid 3 (2011-2013), HTC Droid Eris (2009-2011)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanked 1,536 Times in 1,204 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by weka View Post
I have a Droid 3. Recently, I was taking pictures on my photo thing then I got an error message like "image space seems full". Then my phone shut off.

Now it won't turn on because it keeps rebooting. When I turn it on, it shows the DROID logo and the audio "DROIIIID" then goes to the red futuristic-looking technology cylindrical blob.

The blob turns its gears and whatnot for a while (2-3 mins) then goes back to DROID logo and keeps looping.

I don't know what to do.... thank you.
I don't know if this will work, but you can *try* wiping the cache partition.

With the phone powered off, slide the keyboard open. Press and hold the "X" keyboard key while you power on the phone. After the "Dual Core" screen, this should eventually start the Recovery - a triangle with an exclamation point.

At this point, slide the keyboard closed. Press the two volume buttons at the same time - this will start a blue text menu. Use the Volume Dn key to move the menu down to "wipe cache partition" and press the "power" button on top to select it. This will show yellow text saying "wiping cache".

When the menu returns, press "Power" on the "Reboot system now". See if that works.