View Single Post
Old October 24th, 2012, 11:06 PM   #585 (permalink)
Mister F

Device(s): Moto G, Nexus 7 (2013)
Carrier: Telus

I'm getting the 32 GB when it comes out and I'm trying to decide on what kind of case to get. I have it narrowed down to types:

Something along the lines of the smart cover that Apple introduced. They're slim and stylish, have the auto-sleep magnet, and fold back flat.
Black Smart Slim Folding Stand PU Leather Case Cover for Google nexus 7 Tablet | eBay or Multi-color Slim Magnetic PU Leather Stand Case Smart Cover For Google Nexus 7 | eBay

And the CaseCrown Ace. It looks like it's really well built and probably offers better protection, but it's bulkier and more expensive. Unlike some similar cases it doesn't have the "hook" that keeps it closed - instead it has an elastic band, which I think I'd prefer. A hook would keep it from sitting completely flat when the cover is folded back.
CaseCrown Ace Flip Case (Blue) for Google Nexus 7 (Built-in magnet for sleep / wake feature): Amazon.ca: Electronics

Since electronics stores don't tend to have either of these exact types in stock, I don't really know what they'll actually be like. What are people's thoughts on these two types? The slimmer kind would be nice and less obtrusive but they just don't seem that sturdy.