View Single Post
Old October 25th, 2012, 08:19 AM   #10 (permalink)
backwards1979

Device(s): 2 lg optimus m's both rooted mixed rom, 1 samsung galaxy stellar rooted stock, 1 samsung admire sens
Carrier: Not Provided

backwards1979

Quote:
Originally Posted by b3nj4m1n View Post
Got it for the gf when it came out, she seems to like but I keep trying to tell her to get the gs3, gotta decide by Saturday but I'm pretty sure she's gonna keep it because she doesn't want a giant phone that doesn't fit in her pockets.

My impressions are pretty good though, very snappy, got most of everything you get with the gs3, what I'm disappointed with is the screen being lcd. It's still not bad but I just really like amoled screens, when we first got it she even said "the screen is crappier" cuz she was coming from an epic.. She doesn't mind it by though.

The other thing is the build, it feels like a thick piece of cheap plastic to me. I have the TMobile blaze which is almost the exact same size but just a tiny bit thinner and it feels so much better in the hand. Maybe it's the curves on the back of ut it feels skinnier even though it just barely is, and the blaze has a nice rubbery back and an over all feel of quality compared to the slippery cheap plasticy feel of the victory. I'm hoping to find a nice pretty thin silicone skin for it and hopefully that will help but there's just about nothing available so far...

Overall though it's a pretty good phone and I think I she'll be happy with it, even more so whenever they bring lte to town..

Oh and one more major thing I just remembered, everywhere says it has 4gb storage while it has only 2 and NO way to move stuff to the sd card, what the mother ****?!
Gs3 devs have hacked a way to swap sd. There is a mention about this topic in the galaxy stellar forum in the thread titled things not in the guide book. This hack may be viable for other galaxy phones as well.