View Single Post
Old October 25th, 2012, 12:51 PM   #38 (permalink)
ScandaLeX
Wasn't Me
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): NOTE II
Carrier: The NOW Network

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroSporker View Post
When I played with the display model last night at Sprint I decided, that since the power button was moved and in a strange place, I'd never get used to it being over there. If I was to get this phone that I would just use the 'Home' button on the front to turn it on and use an application to turn off the display using an area on touch screen, long press of a button, or something else.

Its too bad it doesn't turn off with the flip. I won't use a flip (I'm part of the 'ditch the flip' campaign), but it is a nice feature to have. All it takes is a magnetic sensor, the Nexus 7 has a hidden one.
Don't limit yourself. I had to shake previous phone thoughts out my head to appreciate the button placement. In essence, it's not in a strange place. You will get used to the power button and here's why.

Samsung has an infinity for putting power on the right side. I can tell they did their very best to still take one handed use into consideration. When holding the phone in the left hand, the index finger is right there near the power button. If it were higher, reaching it would be an uncomfortable obstacle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edlex View Post
I was at my store at 8:50am and was first with only one other guy who came a few minutes after me. Girl at the front didn't know if they had them but the manager said they did and after going back to open the box of them he brought back my grey beauty. They only had 2 accessories, a black body glove tpu case and the oem flip case. I bought both. First impressions are like most have said this thing is blazing fast. Downloaded all my apps from appbrain in record time. Wifi is great although I did notice speeds are faster on N then G but I'll test it further once it fully charges. The sd card went in easily and thankfully isn't under the battery. Phone recognized the card on restart with no issues. I'll update further as I play with this beast.
EXACTLY what I said in one of my post. 2 accessories. The box they were in wasn't any bigger than a shoe box.